Battery Chargers Review
Car battery chargers are devices that consist of positive and negative leads which can be attached to the car battery to recharge it. They provide a quick way to revive dead batteries and get you back on the road again.
There are 3 main benefits to having a car battery charger. First, they allow the user to save both time and money. As a dead battery is a common cause of breakdowns, having a battery charger to hand will allow you to bring the car back to life when this happens, without the need to call any rescue services. As a result, you won’t have to wait about or pay for a garage to do the same.
Second, modern car battery chargers are safer to use than older models. This is because they are now engineered with smart technology, which means that not only will they charge the battery again, but they will also recondition it. This makes the battery both safer to use and extends the life of it.
Finally, they are shockproof, particularly in comparison to older car battery chargers. This means that when you operate them, safety features in the charger will kick in and monitor the charging process to reduce the risk of sparks, electric shocks, or explosions. Having this reassurance means that anyone can use them, even if they are not a professional mechanic.
Best Car Battery Charger: Editor’s Choice Best Buy
- Meet the GENIUS10UK - Similar to our G7200UK, just better. It's 17% smaller and delivers over 115% more power. It's the all-in-one charging solution - battery charger, battery maintainer, trickle...
- Do more with Genius - Designed for 6-volt and 12-volt sealed lead-acid automotive, marine, leisure, deep-cycle and motorbike batteries, including flooded, gel, AGM, EFB, SLA, VRLA, start-stop and...
- Enjoy precision charging - An integrated thermal sensor detects the ambient temperature and alters the charge to eliminate over-charging in hot climates and under-charging in cold climates.
- Charge flat batteries - Charges dead batteries as low as 1-volt. Or use the all-new Force Mode that allows you to take control and manually begin charging dead batteries down to zero volts.
- Condition your battery - An advanced battery repair and conditioner mode uses slow pulse reconditioner technology to detect battery sulfation and acid stratification to restore lost battery...
Key Features of Car Battery Chargers
The first key feature of car battery chargers is some form of display. This lets you know then the battery is charger so that you can safely disconnect it from the charger. Depending on the model, this could be as a simple as a light, or as detailed as a LED display.
Second, they are designed to be portable. This means that you can keep them in your car when travelling, giving you peace of mind without taking up too much storage space. Finally, they are generally easy to use, and so can be an asset to both experienced mechanics and those new to car maintenance at home.
As well as charging a dead car battery, car battery chargers have some other important uses. First, they can ensure that your battery is healthy before going on a long journey. Batteries do not need to be dead before the chargers can be used. In fact, if the battery is still in use, connecting it to the battery charger will help regulate the energy in it and top it up if necessary, giving you piece of mind before a trip.
Second, some car battery chargers will also charge power tools. This is handy if you are travelling for work and don’t want to carry lots of different power sources.
Finally, some battery chargers are even equipped with USB ports or outlets, meaning you can charge a range of other devices on them, such as phones and lights. Although more expensive, this upgrades your car battery charger into a small power station for your workspace.
Best Car Battery Charging Units